MAIN LEGISLATIVE PROVISIONS IN BURKINA FASO
In recent years, the Government has improved the legislative and regulatory framework making it conducive to investment through:
- The adoption in 2018 of Law No. 017-2018/AN of 17 May 2018 on agro-sylvo-pastoral, fish and wildlife investments in Burkina Faso;
- The adoption in 2013 of the Investment Guidance Law in Burkina Faso (LOI No. 023-2013/AN). This law constitutes a reference framework for the promotion, realization and securing of private investments contributing to the accelerated growth and sustainable development of Burkina Faso thanks to the constant flow of investments, the creation of value added, the sustained creation of jobs in all sectors of economic activity and the social well-being of the population;
- The adoption in 2013 of the law on the legal regime of the public-private partnership in Burkina Faso (LAW N° 020-2013/AN);
- The adoption in 2012 of the law establishing a special tax and customs regime applicable to investment agreements signed with the State as part of the implementation of the strategy of accelerated growth and sustainable development (LAW N°025-2012/AN);
- The revision in 2010 of the law bearing the Investment Code (LAW NO. 007-2010/AN). The purpose of this Code is to promote productive investment contributing to the economic and social development of Burkina Faso;
- The adoption in 2003 of the mining code law in Burkina Faso (LOI No. 031-2003/AN). This very attractive mining code clarifies certain provisions, makes changes to the guarantees given to private investors to better secure their investments.